Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ella (the wonder dog)

She's a pushy old lady. But pushy is the only obvious part :). This dog is determined and nothing will stop her.

I started out carrying her upstairs (to the bedroom) at night and down in the morning. Shortly, she would appear in the opposite place five minutes later, and I learned carrying was totally unnecessary. She wants to be where the people are all the time. Baby gates don't stand a chance at restraining her. She navigates our new dog door like a champ, and is frequently found wandering our largish back yard. The most impressive of all though is the way she recently began jumping up on the bed!  We let dogs on the bed and I've set her up there a few times for naps and snuggles. One day I took a nap and left her down and she REALLY wanted up. Next thing I knew, my "crippled" three-legged dog had leapt onto the bed, using the cedar chest at the foot of it for a platform. I swear she can do anything!

I'm so impressed with her. She is eternally happy and has an infinite amount of love to give. We are very lucky to have Ella as part of our family. :)

LeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment