Sunday, January 13, 2013

Special, now Pepper, is Adopted

She handled the groomer very well. She bathed like a pro. She didn't care much for anything around her face or paws, but the groomer (my friend, Bobbi Jo-btw--how coincidental is that?) says she will take to it better each time. I only do this about every three months for the haircut. I pretty much keep her brushed myself, which she never once contested! My groomer, at one time raised standard Aussies for showing, and she says Pepper is pretty well-adjusted dog for being a stray. Bobbi Jo noticed a couple of scratched areas in her ears so we will have that checked next week. Pepper did seem to be itching when we got home, but she had no fleas or ticks so maybe she is sensitive to something.
 
This girl has the best manners ever! She waits for permission to leave any room. I can literally walk out of the living room into the kitchen and she will wait at the entry for me to call her! I am introducing her to each room a little at a time since she is smaller than my other dog so places she might fit under or behind may be a hazard until I can "Pepper" proof them. She doesn't seem to be a mischievous girl, but better to be safe.
 
She does have one major problem. She seems to be a daddy's girl, which makes me very jealous! That is okay though, since I will be working M-Th, she will be spending most of the weekdays with him.
 
I have a home office where I work occasionally on the nights and weekends when there are problems. Although I am a medical technologist, I now oversee all the laboratory's computer systems so working from home is possible almost 80% of each day. In fact, during the summer times when my kids and grandkids visit for a couple of weeks, I work from home. 
 
As I type this, Pepper is laying in the same exact spot next to my chair where my other aussie, Molly, used to lay waiting for me. I am convinced that Pepper was sent to us to help us with our loss of Molly. My husband is so happy. He retired on Aug 1, one month after Molly died and found himself missing her so much. Pepper is making herself right at home, and is making her personality known so well. We look so forward to making new memories with her.
 
I am attaching a pic of Pepper, relaxing on the couch after her big day at the groomer's. I can't thank you enough! This little girl is home forever!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment