Monday, July 1, 2013

Buddy & Ginger Update

Hello Fur and Feather folks!  
I am the woman who was lucky enough to take Buddy and Ginger (then Pumkin) off your h
ands in 2010.  They are doing great - we feel we won the dog lottery!  If you recall, you all couldn't get Ginger over about 27 lbs no matter what you tried.  Now that she has had 2+ years of less than 99 playmates to play with constantly, she has put on weight (in fact, my vet just told me she weighs 42 lbs and needs to shave off about 4 or 5 lbs).  Buddy has come out
of his shell and I get told regularly that I should train him to be a service dog because he is so gentle and approachable. Over the last year he has blown the ACLs in BOTH knees and he just had the first of 2 surgeries.  What a long recovery process, but it will be worth it to see him and Ginger running around together again!  



One more reason we feel we won the dog lottery is how amazing Buddy and  Ginger are with my dad. The reason we moved to Colorado is because my dad has Alzheimer's and aphasia which means in addition to the dimension, he only speaks in gibberish, making it extremely difficult for most beings to understand him.  But not the doggies! They have regular " conversations" with him all the time.  In the picture below you can see the affection between Ginger my dad. Yeah, we totally won the dog lottery!
Thanks,  
Kasey

No comments:

Post a Comment