Monday, July 30, 2012

PIKACHU aka Pika ADOPTED SATURDAY JULY 21, 2012

 PIKACHU aka Pika ADOPTED SATURDAY JULY 21, 2012
She moved to Phoenix, here is the latest update:  
Hi Laurie, sorry I didn't email you. I've been a little "busy" to say the least :-) but she's doing great. She was scared to go up my stairs, fixed that with some treats and positive encouragement. Down was another story, but I think she just did it without thinking when she was following me. Now she goes up and down no problem. She's been great off leash, until this morning. Now that she has met my neighbor's dogs she wants to go to their homes. The dogs across the street bark at anything and everything out the window, and she hears them as soon as they see her in my driveway. Working on positive "Come" training now, more so than before. 

I put her in the crate when I left last night, but she doesn't like going in, even using treats she heads back out after she grabs it, but that may come with time, too. Small pee accident this morning, but I think it was stair-fear when we were working on going down (figured it out mid-morning). Doing GREAT with other dogs. My neighbors have a basket case dog named Duke. He has cigarette burns and tattoos if that gives you an idea about his meth-head owner's twisted ideas during his childhood (with a great family now) and I think he and Pica are now boyfriend-girlfriend. She is a master at dealing with scary and mean dogs. She was wrestling around with him and he's built like a great dane/pitbull cross. It was pretty funny. It's like she thinks "Oh, so this is your personality issue, I know how to handle you, I've worked with 50 other dogs." She's like a little Freudian matchmaker.

She was a dream in the car. She pulls like a sled dog on the leash! We start a training class Wednesday night to work on different things. Everybody seems to love her.
As far as keeping her name...I might change it, but for now I'm just calling her Pika for short! Thanks again, so far so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment