Monday, July 2, 2012

Update July 1, 2012


LOUIE ADOPTED JUNE 30, 2012
Louie
Louie was adopted and has moved to Los Alamos. Christina fell in love with him on the internet and he seemed quite happy when he met them and got right in the car. We got this from the family.
We had a great time with all the animal and visiting with you. Our trip home was long but safe thank you. We stopped and let Louie stroll long the mountain streams and play for a while at the park. I'm sure he is really going to love going out exploring with us. He had no problem making himself right at home. :)






Mandy
MANDY OFFICIALLY ADOPTED JUNE 30, 2012
Most of you have seen a bunch of emails about Mandy the Kuvasz. She was being fostered by Rhea and it is now official. Mandy lives with Rhea and Andrew and a companion German Shepherd named Drake. Congratulations, Mandy and the rest of the family.











FINNIAN THE SIAMESE CAT  Adoption update (I don’t have a picture of Finnian)
Mr. Finnian has been with me for 6 months now. He and I have made vast strides since his early days of living under the bed and the ledge in my kitchen.
He now spends his mornings on top of my bed and afternoons in the den window. I describe him as a typical male--he leaps in bed with me each evening for 15-20 minutes of tummy rubbing and head scratching then stretches out on the pillow next to me.
Somewhere between 4 am and 6 am he starts nudging me as he is ready for breakfast. Around 5 pm he will track me down and let me know that he is ready for his dinner.
The rest of the day I am not able to pet him! Typical male--loves me in bed and when its time to eat-------------
He is learning to use a scratching post although the fancy condo I purchased is only used for that purpose and not for taking naps. He has little interest in catnip or other toys but I have a houseful.
My company truly does not believe I even have a cat though the trappings are visible everywhere. He has an elegant enclosed litter box that looks like a hope chest in black lacquer.
I have his canned Iams cat food delivered via UPS as Amazon is cheaper than Walmart plus no sales tax. Spoiled ? perhaps, but I love him and cannot imagine life without him.
I helped with the primary election and did not get home until after 7 pm. I was greeted by "attitude" from my bed buddy--he did not appreciate a late supper. In my defense he always has plenty of dry food should he dane to eat it :-)

Take good care, MaryKay 

No comments:

Post a Comment