Monday, March 4, 2013

LIBBY Adopted Saturday Mar 2, 2013

  Libby is a St. Bernard and perhaps Great Dane mix.  We’re not certain.  Someone suggested she is a full blooded short-haired St. Bernard.  No matter what breed she is, she is a great dog.  Pat now has a wonderful companion. 

1st Update:

Well,
First of all...somebody snores and it ain't me! That would be the rather large dog now sharing the office with me.

We had an uneventful ride back from Pie Town, but Libby really wanted to watch out the window most of the time. She did fine on her 150 mile drive back to ABQ. She didn't really warm up that much to James, but not to worry. Plenty of time to work on that.

When we arrived home, Libby decided that she would smell every item in the house that she could. At one point, I did suggest to her that sniffing every piece of my grandmother's dinnerware was not necessary, but she insisted.

Last nite I elected to sleep in my office with Libby and not sleep in my bedroom. She was fine with that; and, I periodically got up to give her a little pat or two. She was fine.

Today, she met two of my friends and was fast friends in about two minutes. Vera did walk her 'cause my knee was hurting from yesterday's driving. Vera is German, so Libby was taking her commands in German. And tomorrow, Libby's going with me to my acupuncture session, where she is scheduled to meet several more friends.
In a short time, she is getting a lot done!

I'll keep you updated on her activities. Notice, I said her activities!

Again, thank you all for the privilege of meeting you all, and our thoughts are with all of you.          Pat

PS    Libby doesn't like classical music. She walked out of the room when I turned on the radio...

No comments:

Post a Comment