Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rocky Update

Rocky and I had a lovely ride - he sat so nicely in the passenger seat, and after a while, he stretched out and napped.
I took pictures of Pie Town scenery as we went through town, and took more pictures of him in the car.
We visited The Very Large Array, where a very nice man offered to take our picture. It's not every day that we can visit something as awesome as that.
Some poor soul and their car all jacked up and was doing some pretty serious car repair there on the side of the road. What a place to pick! 

As we got toward Socorro, it was getting to be near sunset, so we took a room 
He was perfectly at home with his little rug that I brought in from the van, He had water in a bowl and I brought the treats in so he could have a little snack.
He was totally well behaved and obviously thrilled to be with his very own human again.  We watched a little TV and I put him up on the bedspread with me, and he was acting like we had been together for years. 
Someone next door made a little noise outside our door, and he was instantly on the alert and on guard duty. But he does that quietly. ( SO GLAD !!!!) 

So he got his belly rubbed and made all those little erf noises. Later, he was back on the floor, where he curled up on his little rug. It was lights out time.
He talks in his sleep, which is pretty funny. I can only imagine what he was dreaming. 

We got up in the morning, and I gave him a much needed bath in the hotel sink. Well, no dog is too fond of baths, and he was no exception, but the water was nice and warm and full of the tearless puppy shampoo.     I was going to take a picture of the water, which was almost black!
I think he lost at least 3 pounds right there!  He cleaned up real nice, and his coat is just soft and shiny and gorgeous now!!!  ( I did clean up so the hotel wouldn't be mad, and I left a nice tip for the housekeeper. ) 

We got to my house just a little while ago. I stopped and got a grilled chicken salad at McDonald's and we shared the chicken together at home. 
I better not spoil him..... but couldn't resist giving him a little bite or 2 of chicken. 

He is just the sweetest dog.  I can't imagine that he hadn't been adopted sooner.  But maybe it was because he was waiting for me. 
I am so happy with him.  Rocky now has a forever home with me!  I want to thank you so much for all the items you let me have, and for taking such good care of Rocky.   You have such a way with dogs and cats! I  have never been to such a relaxed shelter. There are so many wonderful dogs there.
I will make sure I spread the word so that more can find good homes. Thank you so much!  I will always keep in touch with you about Rocky. 

P.S.  I will send pictures - I need to download them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment