Thursday, September 5, 2013

Katie Adoption and an Update

 
KATIE ADOPTED August 30, 2013  We are delighted to tell you that Katie has been adopted.  She has been here for quite some time.  This reinforces that there is a family out there for all the deserving animals.  Katie is the large Labrador mix  in the pictures.   It was cute to see that Katie and Patty sat in the back seat of the car all the way home.  Here is the first update we got right after Katie got home.
The ride home was great, she is such a sweet and wonderful dog, I am just soooo excited that we were able to find her. We got home about 8:30 p.m., she got out of the car and roamed the garage. she is apprehensive about the stairs so I put water and a blanket at the bottom, will sleep on the couch and be there when she decides to come up. It will take time so much has changed for her.

Janis and I are just so proud of what all of you do there, we both said you could see how happy and well taken care of the dogs were. We so enjoyed meeting all of you too! thank you for all the pictures, what a great day we had and what a treasure we brought home. Thank you so much and I will definitely keep you updated on our progress with Katie!

UPDATE:
Yes we will keep the name Katie.  Love it.  We are settling in, she does not like the tile and hardwood floors.  I ordered a runner yesterday so we can put in the hallway so she will feel comfortable walking back and forth, for now, it is a lot of coaxing but the only time she needs to be with me in the back is in the evening while I am knitting/watching TV and then for bed. 

I moved myself from upstairs to the spare bedroom so we could be on the same level, she does not yet like the stairs…. All will work out in time.

We take 4-5 15 minute walks a day which of course, she loves and finally I will exercise!  J  All is going very well and I just love her to death!!  She does seem happy with me.

Thank you again for everything, I will update you as we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment