Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Johnny Update August 2013


Things are going great with Johnny after almost a month. He has adapted 100% and seems to love it here in the southern part of the state. We go out every morning and some evenings to run & play. Sunday, Lulu & I took Johnny to the Rio Grande near Anthony. He immediately jumped in and went to the other side (about 300 yards). Well we couldn't let him have all the fun so we also walked across to the other side (the river is bone dry this time of the year). There is a bike & walking trail along the river and we walked, Johnny ran, (figure 8's) for about a mile, then returned. He was ecstatic to run into the high green grass along side the trail and to explore this area. As with most dogs, he would run out ahead of us, then check back then head out again. Good exercise for us all! He has decided he is my shadow. He follows me around everywhere I go. When I'm at the computer, as now, he is laying at my feet under the computer table. He likes to get in my lap when I'm relaxing in my recliner, stretch out and go to sleep. He reminds me of my cats from a long time ago, except he is 40 pounds heavier. I think it's great!
Johnny checked in at the vet at 47.5 lbs. I am hoping to get his weight up to about 50. I want to have him build some more muscle mass in his hind end. I'm sure with all the exercise it will happen soon.


Best Regards,    Bob, Lulu & Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment